Dramatically boost your productivity and quality with the most successful training methods ever developed. Your company will benefit from increased productivity and quality, reduced training time and reduced scrap.
Training Within Industry (TWI) addresses five essential needs of supervisors, team leaders, union leaders, or anyone leading others:
1. Knowledge of work
2. Knowledge of your responsibilities
3. Skill in instructing
4. Skill in improving methods
5. Skill in leading
TWI consists of standardized programs composed of these five primary modules:
1. Job Relations (JR)-lead with analytical methods to prevent or effectively resolve problems
2. Job Instructions (JI)-instruct employees how to quickly remember to do their job correctly
3. Job Methods (JM)-produce greater quantities of quality products consistently in less time.
4. Job Safety (JS)-teach supervisors how to engage employees in the analysis and elimination of safety hazards.
5. Program Development (PD)-develop the skills in people to holistically utilize all of the JI programs.
Lean manufacturing is recognized worldwide as the most productive approach to manufacturing. The TWI method complements Lean and all training by providing front-line personnel with the skills to establish a culture that embraces change, improves methods, and facilitates standard work. Developed in the 1940's TWI was an overwhelming success in boosting World War II industrial production and is widely used in Japan by Toyota, Sanyo, and many other companies worldwide.
TWI's "Learn By Doing" approach ensures that methods are applied and retained. The TWI program follows a proven four-step process that is simple, straight forward, and easy to implement: Preparation, Presentation, Application, and Testing.
Call 501-683-4410 today and see how a certifies AMS trainer can boost your productivity and shorten your training time.