Manager Of Client Services
- MBA w/ emphasis in International Business – Texas A&M-C.C.
- BBA-Major-Management, Minor-HR, Texas A&M-C.C.
- Certified Global Business Mgmt thru Salt Lake Community College
- Certification in Human Resources Mgmt thru University of Utah
- Certified Technology Counselor thru ASBDC
- Certified Incubator Manager thru NBIA
- Certified Global Business Professional thru NASBITE
- Certified Export and Trade Counselor – U.S. Dept. of Commerce
- Certified FastTrac Instructor – Kaufmann Foundation
- Certified NxLevel Instructor – NxLevel Foundation
Arkansas Economic Development Commission
900 W. Capitol Avenue, Suite 400
Little Rock, AR 72201
Phone: (501) 682-1123
Other Phone: (501) 749-7484
Rudy Ortiz, Manager of Client Services, has owned technology and consulting businesses and has 20 years of experience in business consulting and 8 years as an Operations Manager. He has assisted over 1500 clients from the start-up phase to firms in the $20 million revenue range.
He is a former Executive Director of the Small Business Development Center (SBDC), the Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC), and the Minority Technical Assistance Center (MTAC) in Corpus Christi, Texas as well as Assistant Director of the Salt Lake Region SBDC in Utah.
He has a Masters degree in Business Administration with emphasis In International Business and a Bachelors in Management and a Minor in Human Resources as well as a certification in Human Resources Management. He is currently one of only 46 Certified Technology Consultants in the country as well as a Certified Incubator Manager. He is an active mentor to Ark Challenge participants as well as a judge in the Arkansas Governor’s Cup Business Plan Competition.
On the International side, he is a Certified Global Business Professional as well as a U.S. Department of Commerce Certified Export and Trade Counselor. He serves as a Board Member of the Arkansas District Export Council and is fluent in Spanish.
In an earlier part of his life, he spent 20+ years working on technology hardware including communications equipment for the Minuteman nuclear launch control facilities, as well as a wide variety of both IT and industrial process control equipment.
He provides consulting and training services in the areas of:
- Capital Acquisition
- Financial Analysis
- Government Contract Procurement
- International Business
- Operations Management
- Plan Development
- Technology Commercialization