Have you ever found yourself asking:
- How do we keep improvement going?
- How do we align our organization so that daily improvements move us toward strategic goals?
- How can we work to develop solutions scientifically, instead of trying to implement preconceived solutions?
Around the world, within the United States, and here in Arkansas, Toyota Kata is being utilized to address process, people and communication issues.
The practice routines of the Improvement Kata and Coaching Kata will make you, your team and your organization better at improving, adapting, innovating and achieving whatever you set out to do. It’s about the practical application of Scientific Thinking for pursuing challenging goals, while simultaneously developing people to solve problems. The Improvement Kata and Coaching Kata turn scientific thinking into a practical skill anyone can learn, by combining a four-step scientific working pattern with techniques of deliberate practice.
Kata are systematic and scientific problem solving routines that address challenges and opportunities in areas such as:
- Process: Quality, Cost and Delivery
- Communication: Accurate, Complete and Timely
- People: Safety, Environment and Morale